Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pole is North????? Here is some help to figure that out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pole is North????? Here is some help to figure that out.

Hi All,

Just got an email from some of the magnet manufacturers about how to find north. I cannot tell you how many times I got this wrong. Here is the link.......K&J Magnetics Blog

Thought this might help you figure it out......several options to determine the north pole of any magnet.

Wish I had this a year ago.......would have saved me a lot of mistakes!

Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Hi Forrest,
    when you work on the Monopole, does'nt real matter if its N-pole or S-pole...you can use either of it... but there is some thing that John has reallly figured out (some 30 +years ago) the Asymmetric aspect between either of the two poles..and he's seen it at the N-pole..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

in howard Johnsons book the secret world of magnets. he shows the polar fields in raster plots off a custom designed machine used to measure and plot fields. the north face of a magnet is stronger than the south face, and that 2 cornors of the north face are stronger than the other two. he also plots what his gates were doing in an interactive mode. his researched showed the north field is better to be used and more active than the south.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks Tom C on that Insight, very informative indeed!
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
        X