master trigger control for the slave coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master trigger control for the slave coil

Hello everyone, a question about adding an extra spool. when using the master trigger control for the slave coil, this must require very high precision for the installation of this second coil in relation to the magnets, the slightest error must impact the speed of the wheel when braking, right?.
    regards,
    Eric.

Hi Eric,

I would suggest making the mounting for the master trigger coil adjustable so you can vary the timing as the machine is running. That way you can tune it (dial it in) for best speed and/or least current draw.

Or you could eliminate the trigger coil and use hall effect or optical switching on an adjustable mount as an alternative method of triggering the main coil/coils.

Gary Hammond,

Comment

Hello Gary, Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I hadn't thought about the adjustable trigger, but yes, it's an excellent idea!!! would you use a potentiometer of approximately what value?. if I can abuse your time. Thank you all for your help and for reading me. Eric.

Comment

I need to clarify myself a little anyway. I have a 1k potentiometer in series with 100 ohm resistance on the master trigger. I think it is enough to do the same assembly for the slaves using the master trigger. I will try to post a mini diagram

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	slave_11zon.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	74820

Comment

Hi Eric,

I don't really know how to respond to your question. When I looked at the schematic in your last post, and considered the terminology you used, I became confused as to what you are trying to achieve with your build. So to help me understand what you are doing, I have a few questions.

I understood from your post "fixing 3D magnets" that you devised a neat, clever way to affix magnets to a bicycle wheel and so I assumed you were building a replication of John Bedini's "Simplified School Girl Motor" or (SSG as it's commonly called). You also indicated that English is not your first language which can sometimes allow terminology to be misunderstood or used differently in different languages.

When I used the term "master trigger coil" I was referring to a single, adjustable, stand alone coil. But in your schematic drawing you show that the trigger winding is wound on the same spool and core as a power winding. That confused me.

I was also confused by your drawing of master circuitry and slave circuitry. I assumed that the parallel components inside each dotted line were the individual, branch resistors used to bias the base - emitter junction for the individual BJT transistors of each winding in a multi wound coil. One such circuit was labeled master and the other one was labeled slave. It's my understanding that usually a master coil contains the trigger winding which is also used in parallel to trigger slave coils, which are additional coils without their own trigger windings. There is a limit to how many slave coils can be added in this way. So the method I thought you were suggesting was to have no master coil but rather all slave coils triggered by a separate, stand alone, adjustable trigger coil.

In my experience, a 1000 ohm pot with 100 ohm branch resistors would not be easy to get properly balanced. I use a 100 ohm 25 watt rheostat main resistor with matched 470 ohm 1 watt branch resistors that were included in a kit I purchased from Teslagenx. This machine has only a single coil with 7 power windings and one trigger winding. It has no slave coils.

Do you have the Bedini SG handbooks found here? https://emediapress.com/shop/bedini-sg/

Gary Hammond,

Comment

Hi Gary,
              You take a lot of time to answer me, I really appreciate that.
              here is what I built a few times ago already, I will attach you a photo soon . I’m a person who likes to do things accurately yes. Like you, I saw your car and the reconstruction of the engine , it’s very impressive to see .
              I have the 3 books, beginner, intermediate and advanced. I’m looking to add a second coil so that I can charge 2 batteries at once. It may not be the right way, if you have another one or a scheme, and I’m a sucker.
              I have been through the forum a lot before posting here, I understood that you could add a coil of 7 or 8 windings using the trigger ( trigger coil ) The master coil .
              I feel that this is not the right method I am using on my SG .

Comment

bedinifinal.pdf

Comment

This is the shema I made at that time and my machine is built in this way . And I wanted to add a second reel on my wheel of 16 magnets. if it’s possible . thank you very much for the helping hand, there is nothing to be done gary, I understood that you have things going on with the grandson! and family , it’s sacred, I also have grandchildren since

Comment

I will prepare a diagram of what I thought to do to add a second reel

Comment

Are you using a single coil trigger and one or more other power coils that work with your unique trigger coil? If I understand correctly!

Comment

https://www.energyscienceforum.com/f...eries-with-ssg

I see on one of the models you built, that there are 2 coils on it with a lot of windings, the base of this machine is an SSG?. No ?. maybe I'm wrong ?. I saw that some guys built the second coil with 10 or 12 wires then connected in series. I did not find plans on the forum to integrate a second coil or how to incorporate it into the system!. maybe I looked wrong!!!

Comment

Hi Eric,

I see on one of the models you built, that there are 2 coils on it with a lot of windings, the base of this machine is an SSG?. No ?. maybe I'm wrong ?. I saw that some guys built the second coil with 10 or 12 wires then connected in series. I did not find plans on the forum to integrate a second coil or how to incorporate it into the system!. maybe I looked wrong!!!
                          Yes. That's an SSG in the video you linked to above. It has a power coil with 7 power windings and 1 trigger winding. It also has 2 additional generator coils, with one mounted upside down under the main power coil that isn't visible in that video. The one large generator coil that is visible is like the one Peter Lindemann demonstrated at one of the conferences, and is disclosed in the "Bedini SSG -Complete Advanced Handbook" which you indicated you have. (Post #8 of this thread has several photos of this same machine. One of the photos shows this coil that is mounted underneath. https://www.energyscienceforum.com/f...nced-ssg-build )

Are you using a single coil trigger and one or more other power coils that work with your unique trigger coil? If I understand correctly!
                          No. I haven't actually done that, as none of my machines have more than one power coil to run the wheel. I only suggested that as being a way it could be done to trigger one or more power coils with an independent trigger coil. Or as an alternate and maybe better method you can eliminate the inductive trigger coil and instead use hall effect switching or optical switching which would allow more precise timing. I have used hall effect switching on three other machines and am now in the process of building yet another machine that will use optical switching.

I understood that you have things going on with the grandson! and family , it’s sacred, I also have grandchildren since
                          Thanks. Yes I get to se my grandchildren very often and our eldest grandson married last year and recently gave us our very first great granddaughter!

Gary Hammond,

Comment

Hello Gary, you are a great grandfather then!!, you have to take advantage of all these little angels, these wonderful moments. I will switch to the hall effect, or in optical mode, I will follow your advice. I had seen Peter's coil in chapter 4 page 39, what I am trying to do is rather a multi coil like JB, in 10 coils, I think it was 4 strands, which I don't know, it it's if its reels all had a trigger each, I'm currently in the process of fixing the bearings which are very worn... thank you for all the time you give me Gary, I'm not going to bother you any more, it's It's very kind of you. As soon as my bearings and fixing are redone, I will repost if I need to.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	extra coil.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	74831

You tell me that you put a power coil, under the main power coil!!, you have 2 coils, one above the other?. I don't see what this type of editing can do! I didn't see this in Peter's advanced manual, I'll take it again.. I will look at your post via the link you gave me, thank you Gary.

I posted my example of fixing the magnets for those who have difficulty with placing the magnets on the wheel, it is really very practical and very solid without adding significant weight. I hope this helps. too bad I couldn't put the 3D printer file in STL format. not allowed on the site.

Comment

Hi Eric,

You tell me that you put a power coil, under the main power coil!!, you have 2 coils, one above the other?. I don't see what this type of editing can do! I didn't see this in Peter's advanced manual, I'll take it again.. I will look at your post via the link you gave me, thank you Gary.
                              That wasn't a power coil, but rather a generator coil that collected some of the stray magnet field thrown off every time the main power coil pulsed to drive the wheel. This is energy that otherwise would be lost or thrown off into space. It wasn't a lot of power, but it would light up as many LEDs as the other, larger generator coil would. I think I discussed this somewhere in the thread I linked to in post #13 above.This was my own idea I decided to try, and it worked. The scope trace from that coil was a mirror image of the trace from the power coil above it.

The effect was like an air coupled transformer that didn't add any extra load to the drive battery.

Gary Hammond,

Comment

Working...
                              X