Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good, basic, efficient cap pulsar enquiry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good, basic, efficient cap pulsar enquiry?

Hi Guys,

I’ve upgraded one of my Bedini’s and my good friend Leith is putting it through the 20 x 20 charge/discharge cycle, (I like to build them and he enjoys the data logging side.)

Once we collect and analyze the data, (which is already clearly showing that the charge battery is charging quicker and discharging slower,) I would like to add a capacitor circuit and run the tests again.

Please could you recommend a good, basic, efficient cap pulser circuit that a beginner could easily build but would yield efficient charging without consuming too much power? – THANKS!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedini 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	51042Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedini 2.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	51043Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Discharge Device.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	51044

Hi Wayne,

Good to see the Aussie contingent is having fun building Bedini machines and you are having success. I wish you guys were a bit closer to Melbourne

For a basic, efficient cap pulser I would recommend the SCR based version as detailed in the FEG book. It would suit a small build like the one in your pictures very well.

Let me know if you need any more details on this.

John K.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and I would indeed like some details as I understand the basic Bedini circuit however adding a capacitor circuit is another step up for me. Do you mean a Silicon Controlled Rectifier that is turned on at the gate by a Zener diode? If so, how do I work out what size/type SCR, Zener and capacitor to use?
      My setup is the basic Bedini circuit with 450 winds of AWG 20 & 23 and the batteries are 12V 7ah.
      Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
      Hi Wayne,

Good to see the Aussie contingent is having fun building Bedini machines and you are having success. I wish you guys were a bit closer to Melbourne

For a basic, efficient cap pulser I would recommend the SCR based version as detailed in the FEG book. It would suit a small build like the one in your pictures very well.

Let me know if you need any more details on this.

John K.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Do you have a copy of the FEG (Free Energy Generation) book?

John K.

Comment

If you mean "20 Bedini-Bearden Years Free Energy Generation Circuits and Schematics" - Yes
          Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
          Hi Wayne,

Do you have a copy of the FEG (Free Energy Generation) book?

John K.
          Last edited by Archangel; 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
            If you mean "20 Bedini-Bearden Years Free Energy Generation Circuits and schematics - Yes
            Great! There is a schematic in the book for the SCR based cap pulser. I think it uses an NE-2 neon bulb on the gate of the SCR but you can use a zener diode instead. The zener should be rated at how many volts above the charge battery you want to dump the cap. Start off with a 12v zener as you want to dump the cap at approximately double the battery voltage. Start off with a 1000uF 50v cap. The SCR in the book will work fine.

Let us know how you go.

John K.

Comment

Looking at pages 44 & 45 in the FEG I can see the schematic but no values are given. My Jaycar magazine has the following SCR's 400V@0.8A - 400V@4A and 500V@8amp; which should I use?

Regarding the capacitor, would I use polarized or non polarized?

Also regarding the Zener, (assume I know virtually nothing regarding this subject, hence the basic questions) if the charge battery is 12V and I want to dump the capacitor at approximately double the battery, would it be a 24V zener I would use or as you say, a 12V zener?
              Last edited by Archangel; 08-22-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Spent all day trying to get pulser to work, (please see pics,) if anyone has some idea as to where I'm going wrong it would be appreciated - thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	SCR - Zener 1.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	45769Click image for larger version

Name:	SCR - Zener 2.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	45770

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  Hi Guys,

I’ve upgraded one of my Bedini’s and my good friend Leith is putting it through the 20 x 20 charge/discharge cycle, (I like to build them and he enjoys the data logging side.)

Once we collect and analyze the data, (which is already clearly showing that the charge battery is charging quicker and discharging slower,) I would like to add a capacitor circuit and run the tests again.

Please could you recommend a good, basic, efficient cap pulser circuit that a beginner could easily build but would yield efficient charging without consuming too much power? – THANKS!
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2547[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2548[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2549[/ATTACH]
                  you need to get that bolt out of the coil and put a correct core in there...

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi Tom; sorry for the confusion.

The original pictures are of the Bedini that is at my friend’s house going through its 20x20 charge/discharge. (It actually has a normal R60 welding core however I’ve drilled into the base about 15mm deep for the bolt to be epoxy’d in place.) I’ve since learned that having anything covering the rear of the core reduces the magnetic flux so I’ve stopped doing that on later models.)

The second lot of pictures is from a later build that I have at my house. It runs fine however I’m unable to get the capacitor pulsing, (multi meter attached to the legs of the capacitor only shows constant current not charging and discharging as I’ve seen on YouTube videos.)

I’ve attached a picture of the circuit I’m using with some notes I’ve added; if you could let me know if what I’ve written is correct, (plus any other insights you may have,) then it will mean my choice of components and/or my wiring of the components is incorrect.

The information I’m looking for is; what would be the specific values of the Silicone controlled rectifier, Zener Diode and capacitor?

Name:	SCR - zener diode circuit.jpg
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	45776

Comment

I've simplified and spaced out the components for easier viewing to see what's wrong, (see pictures.)

The components I've used are a 35V-1000uF low impedance ESR electrolytic capacitor, a 5 Watt 18V zener diode type 1N4746 and the silicon controlled rectifier is a 400VMax-4A - C106D1.

I still can't get the capacitor to pulse so if anyone can work out where I’m going wrong, please let me know.

Name:	SCR - Zener 3.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	45777Click image for larger version

Name:	SCR - Zener 4.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	45778Click image for larger version

Name:	1-35V-1000uF ESR Capacitor.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB