Is my coil right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my coil right?

Hi guys. Just trying to get up and running. I'm following the Daftman Bedini simply because it's quicker and easier to start and i have never built an energizer before!
    The coil Bedini says in his handbook is an 8 filler. As i am doing the Daftman Bedini i am trying to wind a bifiler coil as i only have 1 lot of everything on my circuit and not 8.
    The beginners hand book doesn't say how many turns for the 8 filler. It just says 130 feet each. Nor does it say anything about how many turns for a bilfiler?
    I have just done 500 turns on my bifiler but it just looks very small. I'm going to try and post a pic. Can you guys tell me 1: how many turns a bifiler should be and 2: does mine look right? lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	249b095d-e0b3-451c-bcee-7269396d2700.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	51113
    Attached Files

Sorry the pic is so small. It wouldn't let me upload it any bigger than that for some reason. I uploaded it from Photobucket

Comment

Ahh. It appears i missed some small print in the Bedini coil diagram! It does in fact say 850 turns!! My bad!
      Talking to myself like a crazy person haha

Comment

Hi Marine, in my experience there is not a definitive number of turns. It's however many turns it takes to get 130' on your spool. That is, 130' of each wire. Since you are making a bifilar coil you will have two lengths of 130'.

John K.

Comment

Hi John. I'll stick to 850 to start with and go with the 130 feet when i do the 8 filar. I'm doing this one indoors so 130 just wont work.
          Just had another look at the diagram and i've just done 500 turns ANTI-CLOCKWISE!! What a plonker!! lol
          Un winding this mess is going to be fun haha. What a wally

Comment

Well i've jsut finished 850 turns but it doesn't look much thicker on the spool. The spool is 3 1/2" long and the round ends are about the same in diameter. The PVC pie in the middle that i used is 20mm in diameter. Does this look right to anyone? It looks small to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fe1ac07b-91f8-4f6c-918b-ef8ee50a6483.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	46069

Comment

what size wire? looks a lil small but is probably right

Comment

hmm i bought the wires about a year ago. (my build go put on hold) and i was struggling to get the same ones Bedini asked for in the UK. The thicker wire is 24 SWG (0.56mm) and the thinner one, well i'm not sure as i can't find the label or the invoice for it anymore. I think it was 22 SWG (0.71mm)

Comment

you should be fine

Comment

Working...
                  X