Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first bedini

Hi,
    Have built one of these bedini energises as per the manual I have used a 16 inch bike wheel with 12 cerimac magnets when I powered it up the wheel spins ok at 169rpm but one transistor is getting hotter than the others not having a scope I put a led across each coil and the transistor that is running hotter than the rest the led glows the brightest. The rest glow much less in varying degrees. Has any one idea of what is going on? Also when I first powered it up a couple of the neons flashed but not any more.

Ian

If some neons flashed at the beginning but not anymore, probably you burned those transistors…
    If all the trannies are ok, then you have mismatched resistances at the bases, or not matched transistors, or both.

Alvaro

Comment

Peth,

you have a battery attached to the output of the machine? I know its a dumb question but people do it. if you tried running it without a charge batteyr connected then you need all new electronic components. your hot transistor is toast, anything even remotely warm means that it is busted.

please post pictures.
      Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Double check that all of the ends of the wires are where they are supposed to be. You may have put a "top" where a bottom should be. I did this a long time ago and had the same result, one transistor got hot. The machine would run but just not very well. Trace your power windings and make sure everything is where it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back was able to run it for a short time with a replaced transistor and it seemed but I had some issues arise with the wheel and magnets that need addressing. Am on to a cheap source of transistors the local store was $12.50 for the MJL21194g was able to source the same thing for 50cents in china ordered 30 on a Friday and it arrived here in regional Australia the following Tuesday I hope the quality OK they have Quality Assurance and all that. Am only able to do a little work on it of an evening so progress is slow. Will keep you posted as I progress.

Ian

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P2260001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	46946Hi,

Have got my machine running at 320 rpm with all transistors running cold. The small gel batteries at the lower left it raised the voltage from 12.24 to 12.72 in about an hour . it is drawing 1.8 amps I am now charging an old car battery that would not keep the car running. I have a good deal of experimentation ahead of myself as I am hoping that I can have this device with more coils added to supplement the power in my house. Is this possible?

Comment

Looking good Ian.

It takes a lot to supplement your house although it could be done. Start off with a smaller goal. For example here is what I am doing with my smaller batteries.

I charge a lot of my smaller batteries (garden size) with a Bedini solar tracker3A which is a small unit. I have a 55 watt solar panel feeding that so I get that for free. I use those to power my machines and charge other batteries which then get used on an inverter. The inverter runs some LED lighting and charges USB devices. For me I am using electronic cigarettes so that is one of the primary things I charge every day with this energy and also my cell phone and my bluetooth speaker. I have flashlights, my 9v batteries for my meters, my 6v batteries for my arduino, lot's of small stuff that I am always charging off grid with these systems.

Look for small things you can start charging at first, phone, laptop, flashlights, run LED lighting, that sort of thing. It may not seem like much but you will get a certain satisfaction knowing that you are providing your own sustainable energy for these little things.

You can certainly go bigger and many have, I think Tom has an off grid building, Patrick runs house lighting, John K also has an off grid setup. Start small and work your way up.

Look for DC solutions to things you run on AC currently. Things that you cannot replace with DC, find more efficient models and run them from an inverter. When the power goes out at my house I still have lights, fans, can run my refrigerator every few hours so things don't spoil, radio and laptop. Once you start playing with this stuff long enough you will gravitate towards DC supplied solutions for things.

Good luck.
              Last edited by BobZilla; 02-26-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Off Grid

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                It takes a lot to supplement your house although it could be done. Start off with a smaller goal. For example here is what I am doing with my smaller batteries.

I charge a lot of my smaller batteries (garden size) with a Bedini solar tracker3A which is a small unit. I have a 55 watt solar panel feeding that so I get that for free. I use those to power my machines and charge other batteries which then get used on an inverter..
                Thanks BobZille..

New here, so just wanted to confirm that my thinking is clear on this..

For me, the ultimate goal is to have Off Grid back-up. That takes a lot of Batteries and keeping them replenished from Solar and/or wind requires good sunlight, strong winds and lots of roof space. Until someone invents a better storage system, I am kinda stuck with Deep Cycle battery storage, which I understand. The challenge has always been - How to keep them powered up, if the grid goes down for a longer period (which here in South Africa is a real possibility in the very near future).

So if I could use a small Solar panel to charge 1, or 2 x 100Ah 12v batteries (requires 13,5v each) and use those to run the Bedini, the Bedini in turn could recharge for the main battery bank..

Question.. My Battery bank is a minimum of 8 x 100Ah 12v connected in series for 24v, as I have a 2000w pure sinewave inverter. I don't like to run them down more than 30%, max 40%, So Can the Bedini be set up to deliver enough power to charge up the battery bank?

Just trying to work out the capabilities before I run off and but the kit...

Comment

Hi Rhino,
                  So to try and answer your question, yes you could do it with a Bedini machine but most likely not with a standard one. You would most likely require a mutli coil machine. Most beginners will run one coil which has 4 or seven power windings. What I am suggesting is you will need at least a 4 coil machine to charge such a large bank. I have some info posted on a 4 coil machine I built in the intermediate section of the forum if you are interested in seeing one.

Another option could be to build a solid state version. Another user here, Patrick (min2oly) has several video's where he has shown a solid state he built charging a very large bank. There are literally hundreds of ways to utilize this type of charging but the main thing to understand is you will have to learn from experience. Very few people just build a machine and get great results from the start. For this reason I suggest that if you are considering building one do not get your expectations to high. It will take a lot of tinkering before you can get to charging properly. As I suggested before, start with something small and learn how to work with the machine if you decide too build one.

Good luck ----Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob..

That's exactly the info I wanted!

It's possible so that's enough for me to press forward - Moving on, Moving Up!

William

Comment

Working...
                    X