Hello all!

1. In the Monopole Master Class DVD from JB, he states that it doesn't matter how many winds you put on the coil...just that you want to fill the coil up. However, I'm seeing a lot of discussion about the amount of winds to put on a coil. I am just building the Vanilla SSG, and have a spool that is the correct height, width, and core size. Is there any reason why I shouldn't follow John's advice on the DVD and just wind until the coil is filled?

2. I've read discussions about how the 23/26 awg wire from the r-charge kits won't cut it for larger batteries...that you must use 18/19 guage on the power wire. However, seems like it would be fine to leave the trigger at 26... For the vanilla SSG build, there's only one transistor. From what I understand, you only need to move to heavier trigger wire if you are trying to fire multiple transistors. I've also read here that the smaller the trigger wire, the less current draw. Is all of this correct? I'm planning on winding a 19 power / 26 trigger bifilar coil.

Thanks for any help!

Branch