No announcement yet.

Branch's SSG Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branch, it looks like the impedance of the battery is coming down. This is why the voltage is lower for the flatter part of the charge curve and then the ending voltage is higher.

John K.

Comment

• It's nice to be seeing some results... You know I've been at this for awhile haha. Looking forward to the next runs and watching the changes.

To anyone else new following this thread, it's definitely important to document and chart EVERYTHING...so you can see these changes. It's hard to be patient, which is something I have been guilty of not being in the past...

Comment

• Hi everyone! I'm still working through my test runs of the 4 transistor teslagenx board and my bike wheel SSG. I'm curious, has anyone else gone through the test runs on this board, other than the Teslagenx guys? If so, can you post your data...I want to compare it to mine to see if I'm getting comparable results. Tom C or John K, do you guys have some charts from a CBAIII showing the charge curves improving with this kit? Or data from the COP spreadsheet?

I'm through the 1st 10 runs and my COP is staying around .82. Not getting any better or worse... Just want to compare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
          Hi everyone! I'm still working through my test runs of the 4 transistor teslagenx board and my bike wheel SSG. I'm curious, has anyone else gone through the test runs on this board, other than the Teslagenx guys? If so, can you post your data...I want to compare it to mine to see if I'm getting comparable results. Tom C or John K, do you guys have some charts from a CBAIII showing the charge curves improving with this kit? Or data from the COP spreadsheet?

I'm through the 1st 10 runs and my COP is staying around .82. Not getting any better or worse... Just want to compare.
          I do not have many runs with the 4 transistor board but I have some with a 7 strand..... if your performance has flattened then make an adjustment either to the base resistance or a bit of coil gap. what is your primary current draw? Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hi Tom-

I am drawing 610mA. Resistance is 31 ohms.

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
            I do not have many runs with the 4 transistor board but I have some with a 7 strand..... if your performance has flattened then make an adjustment either to the base resistance or a bit of coil gap. what is your primary current draw? Tom C

Comment

• I think my coil gap was wrong. I had it at 1/8". I just grabbed a very small screwdriver and let it attach magnetically to the bottom of the coil...and slowly worked the coil down further away from the magnets until the screwdriver fell off. Then I moved it back up again slightly. The screwdriver has an attraction, but barely. The coil though is about 1/2" away from the magnet now...so quite a difference. I'll have to retune obviously...but this should lower my primary draw correct?

Comment

• yes... try it at 3/8 also.
                Tom C

Comment

Hi Tom-

I am drawing 610mA. Resistance is 31 ohms.
                  sorry to ask this again if I have already asked, are you scalar north or regular north?

Tom

Comment

• Branch, the way I adjust the gap is to first tune the base resistance for max speed and then adjust the gap either up or down for max speed also. If the speed gets slower you've gone too far. Once you have adjusted the gap for max speed re-tune the base resistance for max speed again.

Forget about primary draw, the machine will run where it wants to.

John K.

Comment

• Regular north.

sorry to ask this again if I have already asked, are you scalar north or regular north?

Tom

Comment

• Hmm...at 1/2" and 3/8" I lose my h wave...and I can't find the sweet spot anymore where the RPM's jump up.

At 1/8" my RPM's are around 354...any further away and they start to drop.

yes... try it at 3/8 also.
                        Tom C

Comment

Hmm...at 1/2" and 3/8" I lose my h wave...and I can't find the sweet spot anymore where the RPM's jump up.

At 1/8" my RPM's are around 354...any further away and they start to drop.
                          please post a picture of your coil and rotor.... also what base resistors did you put in the board?

Tom C

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	45773Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	45774Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	45775

It's the coil and board from Teslagenx.
                            Base resistors are 470ohm.
                            North facing ceramic magnets.
                            Steel bike wheel.
                            Ceramic bearings.
                            10+ minute free spin time on wheel.
                            Lawn/Garden batteries.
                            12GA wire with ring terminals for battery connections.

Comment

• I don't know how powerful your ceramics are... you may need to double stack your magnets to get a bit more out of your trigger winding. please post a close up of the board, you may want to take out that final base resistance and run straight 470 ohm for a couple of runs. then if things don't improve double stack your magnets.
                              Tom C
                              Last edited by Tom C; 08-23-2013, 08:45 PM. Reason: changed info

Comment

• I recently built another rotor with new 2"x1"x0.5" C8 magnets..I had been using the standard 40mmx20mmx10mm until I read the Bedini Sg book says to use 2". It has made a marked difference! Since I am down under and closer to the south pole, I made them all south pole out, and my coil clockwise wound, North at top...so in attraction mode..anyway...the result was faster wheel spin. My air gap is 5mm which is double what I had it at before with the last rotor. I am still drawing up to 1.8 amps with 330ohm resistance on the 7filar litzed coil(20/23awg).

Comment

Working...
                                X