Bedini sg resistance problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gpilot View Post
    Something else i have noticed is my charging battery doesnt seem to be charging very well. My primary battery looses volts as it should, but the secondary battery never seems to charge as fast as the primary discharges. I havent seen the secondary battery stand above 12v for a while. When i was running the machine without the resistor, i was getting the secondary battery above 13.5v. Now, it seems to stay around 12.96v. I should at least be able to have 1 battery always above 12v if the machine is working right, and if i start with at least 1 battery above 12v. When i started, both batteries were sitting at 12.4v, +or- .2v.
    you just met grumpy me.... that post was before my morning coffee. thanks for the pictures. you have a problem with your rotor. its horizontal. the SG is designed to take advantage of wheels that are made to run vertically. you need a freespin time of at least 8 minutes. also you need a fully charged battery for your primary. 12.4 is half way discharged. should be starting at 12.7 or so.

also see if you can find an MJL 21194 and a 1n4007 for the collector diode.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

also get rid of the alligator clips and solder everything please. you need big wires to and from your batteries.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I will put the wheel vertical, but the diode and transistor will have to wait till i get back to California. I will solder the connections and use bigger battery cables.

Comment

Working...
        X