Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I measure this SSG Overunity?

Dear Forum members

I have nearly finished building my first SSG via the instructions in the complete beginners handbook by Lindermann and Murakami.

However from what I have read in the book the CHARGE battery does not charge at a 1:1 ratio as the RUN battery discharges (pg 32).

"It is the combined electrical (charging battery) and mechanical energy (spinning rotor) that exceed the electrical energy input" pg 32

But how do I measure this? pg 33 states lindermann used a dynamometer to meausre mechanical energy.

Any suggestions?

Regards.

Originally posted by ScientistG View Post
    Dear Forum members

I have nearly finished building my first SSG via the instructions in the complete beginners handbook by Lindermann and Murakami.

However from what I have read in the book the CHARGE battery does not charge at a 1:1 ratio as the RUN battery discharges (pg 32).

"It is the combined electrical (charging battery) and mechanical energy (spinning rotor) that exceed the electrical energy input" pg 32

But how do I measure this? pg 33 states lindermann used a dynamometer to meausre mechanical energy.

Any suggestions?

Regards.
    if you are interested in the mechanical energy, you can use what is called a prony brake, here is one example Prony brake - Heretical Builders there are many variations on this, some people use a fish scale and a piece of leather wrapped around the shaft. do an internet search for "prony brake" you wil get a lot of results.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
    X