Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery cycling voltages for best results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caldovicd View Post
    But on the highly sulfated batteries, there are hard core sulfate ares on the plates, which are very difficult to convert to sulphuric acid. You are saying, if I understood correctly, that this hard core sulfates can be removed from the battery plates if we add more sulfate layers on top of existing ones?
    Cald,

Peter said it in one word in the Battery Secrets presentation - "croissant".

John K. mentioned the layers.

And as John K. mentions charging it right away after discharging is important - I actually watch for it to fall off the cliff and after I take a screen capture of the chart then I have the charger charging that battery within 15 seconds or so. I don't wait. You can't always be right there on it, but if you can monitor it live periodically it helps. Before it falls off the cliff, you can see it starting to nudge down in voltage and you know that it is only a matter of minutes before it takes a nose dive when one of the plates "falls out" and you can be there to stop the discharge and then charge it right away - so it's not like you have to hang around and watch water boil.

I'd recommend the Battery Secrets presentation to everyone because it actually answers just about all of these questions. Battery Secrets by Peter Lindemann
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post

I'd recommend the Battery Secrets presentation to everyone because it actually answers just about all of these questions. Battery Secrets by Peter Lindemann
      Absolutely agree! Best $27 I ever spent. Just about all of the information in my last post came out of that lecture.

John K.

Comment

Since I am here.....

I just wanted to agree with John, my experience with large trojans, small starter batteries, and gel cells, and of courses some odd ones like lead calcium out of my emergency lighting, nickel iron (they dont sulfate) every battery is different. in Peters lecture he explains the electrochemical process discovered thru his research of some nasa documents used to generate oxygen on board the space shuttle. you gotta get the lecture!! it all makes sense then.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
        X