Electric Fence Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Fence Charger

I have built window motor and a ssg motor.. I haven't charged a battery yet.. I got Johns book SSG For beginners . . Have made a 4 strand coil and Have that part running good. Am going to use a relay for the capaciter switching...

But I am wondering about the charge of an electric fence controler.. It sends a charge into the wire about once a second. Couldn' that charge be used to charge a capacitor bank and with a switching ckt to charge the primary battery??? I thiink it is about the same as the radient charge out of the ssg??? The spark is the result of the field of the coil colapsing. Any ideas any one???

Originally posted by retired72 View Post
    I have built window motor and a ssg motor.. I haven't charged a battery yet.. I got Johns book SSG For beginners . . Have made a 4 strand coil and Have that part running good. Am going to use a relay for the capaciter switching...

But I am wondering about the charge of an electric fence controler.. It sends a charge into the wire about once a second. Couldn' that charge be used to charge a capacitor bank and with a switching ckt to charge the primary battery??? I thiink it is about the same as the radient charge out of the ssg??? The spark is the result of the field of the coil colapsing. Any ideas any one???
    Retired,

a bit confused here... so you built the original school girl? and SG by its nature charges a battery.... and a window motor? the recovery coils on a window motor are used to charge batteries. what circuit did you use to run the window motor? the spark discharge of a fence controller is way to slow for any decent charging, you can get thousands of coil discharges per minute with a rotored SG in 2 battery configuration. you would be better off building one of those to charge batteries.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I used the sg circuit to drive the window motor.. I made trigger coil and 2 drive coils .Used ceramic mags. I realy wanted to have more torque then what I got from that. I realy want drive a generator. I had about 150 ft in each coil ,20 gauge in the drive coils and 22gauge in the trigger coil.. Had the trigger coil and a drive coil on one side of the shaft and the other drive coil other side.. About 1200 rpm..I know will have to use neo magnets for more torque and a lot more wire.. 2 sets of 2 stacked on each side of axel..

Comment

no neo's on the window motor please.... fields are too big. already made that mistake. even for torque use ceramics. aluminum rotor for speed, iron rotor for torque. if you are interested in the window motor get the 2nd printing of the free energy generation circuits and schematics by Bedini and Beardon.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

About the electric fence thing... Years ago-20-25, I made a fence charger using a 555 and a power transiter and a car coil.. It dawned to me with this ssg ckt i might have been able to charge the battery .I printed and etched a small ckt board....The guys at work used them at their camps to keep the bears out. A 12 volt car battery would last almost all summer. . In the mountains here in northern NY. They ran a couple of wires around the camp...

Comment

Retired72,

You suggest that you have used a car coil to charge a car battery... Can you please post your circuit that you used? What were your results with the coil? I have seen John Bedini use a solid state ignition coil in the wind circuit DVD and I have been thinking about integrating one of these coils or solid state ignition modules into the back end of my SSG machine. So any input or experiences you or others could provide would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Dave Wing

Comment

Only used the battery to run the fencer.. Did not know about Charging the battery way back then, Just an idea now.. The coil I used back then I don't thiink is used very much any more. Not in cars anyway. Print for that is out in my shop in the garage...It was a simple as I could make it. What ever the coil the guys had I adjusted the parts on the 555 for the best spark.. I thiink around 1/2 inch or so..

Comment

Working...
              X