Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SSG project in progress

Hello

I have been working on my SSG from the SG Handbook and still testing the small motor with 9V batteries.
    Latter on I will move up in scale until I understand how it works.

So I made a video to show what´s going on at the moment.
    SSG replication, high resistance lower Amp draw more speed. - YouTube

Special the tuning have been interesting for me to play with along with the coils I have been testing.
    However her is my result with a simple math and it is pretty awesome.

Battery I: 9V NiMh
    Normal charge: 20 hour
    Volt: 230
    Amp: 0,04
    Watt: 9,2

DISCHARGE - 12V bulb: 3,15 hours

Battery II: 9V NiMh
    SSG charge: 3 hour
    Volt: 9
    Amp: 0,250
    Watt: 2,4

DISCHARGE - 12V bulb: 3,30 hours

I gain 15 min more than the traditional charge, plus shorter time to do that.

But I am still a little confuse about the timing for tuning.
    If I put the scope on to the emitter and collector I do not see one spike only I see four spikes or two depend on the speed and resistance. They all have the "H" form as seen on pictures. But I do not have one spike.

So my question is: Should there be one spike only ?

What impressed me is high resistance seem to speed up the motor, normally that´s opposite.
    If I put load on the back end of the secondary battery or any other motor, electromagnet it does not drag more power from the primary battery and the amp is standing at the same place.
    Last if I put resistance on the rotor with my finger it still keeping the same amp draw and the same if I put extra coils to the rotor. It still keeping the same speed and amp.

Thanks for all the post I have been reading, really fantastic

- And thanks to all the folks who want to share there know how on this subject

Kim
    Denmark

Hi Kim! Cool setup. I would also know if I'm supposed to have one spike only as I seem to have groups of 8 or so and as I decrease resistance there are less. But by the time I get to one, the amp draw is too high (1 Amp plus). Seems to charge okay with the pulse groups though, but yes I wonder if the timing is best. The behavior of your machine seems pretty close to mine, but your amp drops are more dramatic!

Mike

Comment

In the above specs: your Charge Voltage cannot be 230V...This must be the input you drqw from the wall, the out put from the charger(normal) will be step-down Voltage of 9-10v... so that disrupts all your equation and calculations as fars comparison is concerned.
      re-do the calculation and compare once you acertain the out from the Normal charger..
      rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

hi Mike, thank´s for comment. I lower the resistance to 750 ohm and it drag more amp, so I was trying to adjust it, to the spot on the pot where it just kick off. The battery seem to charge better with one spike. So I made some discharge to compare. Will post later on. Another test - I put load on the back end to the secondary battery. Pretty cool to see the amp just keep the same draw.

Kim:-)

Originally posted by Mike Swanson View Post
        Hi Kim! Cool setup. I would also know if I'm supposed to have one spike only as I seem to have groups of 8 or so and as I decrease resistance there are less. But by the time I get to one, the amp draw is too high (1 Amp plus). Seems to charge okay with the pulse groups though, but yes I wonder if the timing is best. The behavior of your machine seems pretty close to mine, but your amp drops are more dramatic!

Mike

Comment

Hello Faraday88

Yeah you are right by the way. The wall calculation is taken from the watt meter to the charger. However the step-down voltage is: 9V, 13mA = 1,17W for 20 hours = 23,4W. So still better charge with SSG: 9V, 250mA = 2,4Watt for 3 hours = 7,2Watt. I believe something is going on... I made 15 charge and discharge with the SSG battery and it seem to absorb more energy along the way. Best discharge took 3½ hours with SSG battery. Discharge with normal charger took 3 - 3.15 hour. I´m still new with this energizer, so lot to learn and happy for your comment. You seem to have done lot of work on the SSG project... Could you tell. Is it best with one spike or does it have any significant meaning ?

Kim:-)

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post

In the above specs: your Charge Voltage cannot be 230V...This must be the input you drqw from the wall, the out put from the charger(normal) will be step-down Voltage of 9-10v... so that disrupts all your equation and calculations as fars comparison is concerned.
          re-do the calculation and compare once you acertain the out from the Normal charger..
          rgds,
          Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
          X