Bedini Motor Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini Motor Base

About a year ago I built a Bedini Motor that worked. It was made with a 26" bike wheel. It was producing power until it kicked up speed. Once it got too fast my jerry-rigged base would start to wobble. I am not especially adept in constructing things. After I took it apart to try and build another base, I have never got it right again. I know I can make it work again if I can just figure out how to make a sturdy base. This is my original motor: First Bedini Machine: Part 1 - YouTube

I have two questions:

1. I have a front end bicycle fork that I am trying to use for my base. However, it is metal and I am worried that the metal will interfere with the spin. Has anyone ever used a bike fork with success? Should I worry about the metal? I don't want to spend more time building a base if it is definitely going to be the wrong material.

2.If in fact the fork won't work, does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap and sturdy base option? One that requires minimal tools and construction knowledge?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Originally posted by creativeminded2002 View Post
    About a year ago I built a Bedini Motor that worked. It was made with a 26" bike wheel. It was producing power until it kicked up speed. Once it got too fast my jerry-rigged base would start to wobble. I am not especially adept in constructing things. After I took it apart to try and build another base, I have never got it right again. I know I can make it work again if I can just figure out how to make a sturdy base. This is my original motor: First Bedini Machine: Part 1 - YouTube

I have two questions:

1. I have a front end bicycle fork that I am trying to use for my base. However, it is metal and I am worried that the metal will interfere with the spin. Has anyone ever used a bike fork with success? Should I worry about the metal? I don't want to spend more time building a base if it is definitely going to be the wrong material.

2.If in fact the fork won't work, does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap and sturdy base option? One that requires minimal tools and construction knowledge?

the fork will not work, its ferrous and the magnets will be attracted to it. simply get a couple of 2x4's and cut them to length, screw them to a piece of plywood. build a base for your coil, and you can adjust it with shims. alternatively you can get a coil holder here Coils and Coil Components

then you can mount it in a variety of ways to your frame.

Tom C
    Last edited by ErikN; 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM. Reason: fixed link

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I watched your video I would agree with tom get some 2 x 4's and replace that pvc with the 2 x 4's, use some good glue and screws and I would think that it would be sturdy enough
      Also you may not want to connect the primary first, that could do you transistor in.

Originally posted by creativeminded2002 View Post

I have two questions:

Comment

Working...
      X