Perfecting My Coil Winding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfecting My Coil Winding!

I’ve recently completed my home built coil winding machine – see below. And while I’m happy with my first coil winding attempts I would like to produce much more professional and high quality coils as well as experiment with different designs.

I was wondering if anybody knew of a service that would professionally wind coils, (Bifilar, Trifilar etc,) to whatever spec you wanted?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1-Coil Winder Front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	50989Click image for larger version

Name:	1-Coil Winder rear.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	50990Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_0527.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	50991Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_0541.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	50992

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    I’ve recently completed my home built coil winding machine – see below. And while I’m happy with my first coil winding attempts I would like to produce much more professional and high quality coils as well as experiment with different designs.

I was wondering if anybody knew of a service that would professionally wind coils, (Bifilar, Trifilar etc,) to whatever spec you wanted?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1927[/ATTACH]
    we can wind whatever coil you need, they will be litzed wire in the gauge you order we also have the coils JB recommends in stock. look at www.teslagenx.com I would recommend you run with the coil size John has designed. if you don't find what you want there send us an email.Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks Tom, had a look at your site and you have some good stuff available. If I can't source locally, (Australia,) I know where to come.

Comment

Coil winding

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
        Thanks Tom, had a look at your site and you have some good stuff available. If I can't source locally, (Australia,) I know where to come.
        Hi Wayne

I can wind any coil size you need in Western Australia! I can wind up to 12 filar and the litzing is exactly the same on every turn from the beginning to the end.
        This I found near impossible to do when hand winding the coils after I tried many ways!

I can either use the spools JB uses or make my own perspex spools to any size required.

Let me know where and I will send you a few pics if u like of a coil I made a few days ago.....8 filar ,130 feet, #20 and #23 guage as specified in the Beginners Handbook.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the offer John.
          Out of necessity, (and a desire to go through the process,) I went ahead and made this 9 wire coil myself however I will certainly keep you in mind for future builds.
          Kind regards – Wayne.

Name:	Big Bedini Coil.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	45782

Comment

Machine wound coils

Name:	New SSG Coils low res.jpg
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	45804

Hi Wayne

Here is a pic of the last 2 SSG coils I made. I wanted to perfect my coils before I made a multicoil machine. The pic is of a couple of coils made to spec from the Beginners Guide Handbook. 8 filar 130 feet, #20 and #23 guage.
            My winding machine took 2 years to build...(work kept getting in the way....)
            I can now wind coils up to 12 filar with perfectly consistent litzing from beginning to end.
            With these on my adjustable airgap machine, I found it attained higher rpm with same current draw and charged faster. Also the sweet spots seemed to be more defined.
            If you need coils I am am happy to help.....

Cheers

Comment

Hi Archangel,

Here i have shown in the picture, the change in meterial that is probably a must. winding at speed will peel or reduce the thinkness of the the enamel coating of the Magnet wires, which can be further degraded by The Radiant spikes that can easily leak out with eventual breakdown, you may break your head looking out for the flaws...!
              I have experianced coils 'damaged by Radiant-spikes behave hay-wire in SSG experiments.
              hence i suggest TEFLON materials for the rod below and the guide hole ring.Click image for larger version

Name:	Winding machine..jpg
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	45805 in the winding jig.
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              Last edited by Faraday88; 08-29-2013, 10:03 PM.
              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

The coils look to be built to a high quality and combined with your specifications, they should perform well - well done!
                Originally posted by John Smith View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2598[/ATTACH]

Hi Wayne

Here is a pic of the last 2 SSG coils I made. I wanted to perfect my coils before I made a multicoil machine. The pic is of a couple of coils made to spec from the Beginners Guide Handbook. 8 filar 130 feet, #20 and #23 guage.
                My winding machine took 2 years to build...(work kept getting in the way....)
                I can now wind coils up to 12 filar with perfectly consistent litzing from beginning to end.
                With these on my adjustable airgap machine, I found it attained higher rpm with same current draw and charged faster. Also the sweet spots seemed to be more defined.
                If you need coils I am am happy to help.....

Cheers

Comment

I would never have thought to use teflon to reduce potential damage to the magnet wire - thanks for that insightful tip!
                  Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                  Hi Archangel,

Here i have shown in the picture, the change in meterial that is probably a must. winding at speed will peel or reduce the thinkness of the the enamel coating of the Magnet wires, which can be further degraded by The Radiant spikes that can easily leak out with eventual breakdown, you may break your head looking out for the flaws...!
                  I have experianced coils 'damaged by Radiant-spikes behave hay-wire in SSG experiments.
                  hence i suggest TEFLON materials for the rod below and the guide hole ring.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2599[/ATTACH] in the winding jig.
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Archangel,
                    Although Teflon is costly it is worth while to have them in the places i showed, you can try delrin as second option if it is easily avaiable...
                    rgds,
                    Faraday88.
                    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
                    X