Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sephiroth
    replied
    I think the magnet strength is fine as long as it is triggering the coil. I would love for John B to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only purpose of the rotor is to space the pulses apart and to demonstrate some amount of mechanical work being performed while the batteries are being charged.

Leave a comment:

• James Milner
    replied
    Forelle,
    Your Hf7 magnets are rated at

Grade Symbol Character. Rem flux dens Coercive force. Max magnetic energy density
    Br HcB HcJ (BH)max
    mT KA/m. KA/m KJ/m3
    HF 7/21 S1-01-1 Isotropic min 190 125 210 6.5

By comparison

Ceramic8A 390±10 231±8 235±8 28.7±0.8
    Ceramic8B 410±10 231±8 235±8 32.6±0.8

It appears your magnets are not strong enough, about half that needed for c8 equivalent.
    Double stack may be an option but I defer to John K, Tom C or John Bedini and their wealth of experience and knowledge as it does not fit John Bedini's specs.
    Hope that assists
    James

Sorry I did format the table but it resets when posted
    Here is the link
    http://radialmagnet.com/magnetstandards.html
    Last edited by James Milner; 11-27-2012, 01:58 AM. Reason: Apology for table formatting

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    The magnets are strontium ferrite Hf7.In europe they are called Hartferrit.I thought i stack them because you can see it everywhere,and i thought if they are to strong then i place them further away.The problem is i have a rotor made from aluminium as you can see on the beginning of the thread and i dont want to make a new one. The spikes are 482v when i'm 9.5mm away.Click image for larger version

Name:	20121127_083100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	45081

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    What sort of magnets are you using? They have to be ceramic #8. There is no need to double stack them.

John K.

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    Hello togheter,
    nobody has an answer for me?What shall i do now?I have 137 millitesla on these 2stacked magnets,is this to much?
    I have tried the other test with the coil and the magnet,but there it is the same.The ironrod is atracted if the magnet is 50mm away on the other side of the coil.The coil is 88mm long.

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    Hello,
    do i have to strong magnets?Does anybody know wyhy the paperclip is sucked in a space of 50mm and not in 5mm.

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    Originally posted by alfinip2000 View Post
    Forelle.. put a paperclip (or screwdriver tip) in front of your north pole magnet about 10mm apart, then slowly move toward your magnet..you will notice in one point that the paperclip suck into the magnet (it can be 3mm or 4mm from the magnet), that the point your should start from.
    Cheers,
    Alfin
    The magnets i have this happens in a space of 50mm.

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom C View Post
    I assume you meatn strontium carbonate and iron ferrite? regular C8 creamics?

Tom C
    Yes ceramics.In europe they call them strontium ferrite HF7.

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    Originally posted by sephiroth View Post
    I take my scope shots across the collector/emitter or primary coil if I'm looking at the h-wave
    Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Tom C
    replied
    Originally posted by forelle View Post
    I think i dont understand this right.The tip of the screwdriver is by my magnets sucked by about 30mm.The magnets are Strontiumferrite
    60mm x20x15mm 2 stacked.
    I assume you meatn strontium carbonate and iron ferrite? regular C8 creamics?

Tom C

Leave a comment:

• alfinip2000
    replied
    Forelle.. put a paperclip (or screwdriver tip) in front of your north pole magnet about 10mm apart, then slowly move toward your magnet..you will notice in one point that the paperclip suck into the magnet (it can be 3mm or 4mm from the magnet), that the point your should start from.
    Cheers,
    Alfin

Leave a comment:

• sephiroth
    replied
    I take my scope shots across the collector/emitter or primary coil if I'm looking at the h-wave

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    I think i dont understand this right.The tip of the screwdriver is by my magnets sucked by about 30mm.The magnets are Strontiumferrite
    60mm x20x15mm 2 stacked.

Leave a comment:

• forelle
    replied
    You are right these are across the batteries.I thougt this are the only important ones.I guess the other wide one are taken from the base of the transistor and the collector.

Leave a comment:

• alfinip2000
    replied
    Forelle, ..with screwdriver mean that : if you put the tip of the screwdriver (or paper clip, or some small iron piece) on the area which the magnet suck the tip, then it be the best place to start on determine the gap.. mine 3mm.

it can be different on each machine, since the magnet has different gauss.. it also will be different on superpole and normal pole..

Hope it helps,
    Alfin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X