This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whining sound, recharge taking place,but no wheel turning !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whining sound, recharge taking place,but no wheel turning !

    Hi,
    My SG is curently stopped , but I've modified the resistance of the variable ohm resistor on the trigger coil and I am hearing a sound. The wheel comes to stop actually, still, the charge is still going into the target battery.
    Since I have but strictly implemented the SG beginner handbook, I am wondering about it...
    I know that Sterling Allan has found a similar thing, he called it "solid state".
    Any ideas ?

  • #2
    Your resistance is too high at the base. The sound is the vibration of the wires from the coil turning off and on at high frequency.
    Aaron Murakami





    �You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.� ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

    Comment


    • #3
      Self -Oscillation bias...
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
        Self -Oscillation bias...
        oh I don't speak Chinese.
        Thanks, Faraday88, Aaron!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi I have another question about it.
          Would anyone know wether the performance of the recharge rate would be similar, decreased, or increased, compared to the wheel turning ?
          Thanks !
          Last edited by Bung-ee; 04-08-2014, 08:35 AM.

          Comment

          Working...
          X